- For that, he should read the scriptures, communicate with enlightened individuals (possibly through books and listening of lectures), attend relevant seminars and lectures, minimize contacts with greedy and envious people. By doing so, a man will draw Shakti – a spiritual energy.
- It is essential to completely stop viewing and reading of any erotic materials, not to mention pornography (pornography very quickly turns a man into a sexually obsessed, primitive and sinful being).
- A man is obliged to follow spiritual principles, regularly go to church, visit places of pilgrimage, pray, meditate, purify himself at all levels, and he must have a spiritual mentor.
- He must become more pure, learn to control his mind and senses. It is a deep inner work.
- First, a man should understand the basic laws of this world. It is not enough to only go to work. You can work twice as little and gain five times more. It is not natural for a man to work like a donkey, because we are designed for creativity, for serving others in accordance with our talents.
- Everyone has to do for a living what he or she likes most: let it first be as a hobby. Some people draw, others build, others are engaged in business. Each of us must have an occupation in accordance with our own nature.
- Now many people want to become lawyers and financiers, because these jobs are considered to bring money. But this is a mistake: a person can grab more money than he needs for some period of time, but then he will lose even more.
- If you spend all your energy on earning money, and get more than you need, betray and deceive for the sake of money, then you lose your health, worsen your relationships in family and society, and after death you go to lower forms of life. Who needs such a life? For example, in the «Arthashastra» (ancient Indian treatise of politics and economics) wealth is signified by life in a clean natural environment, with the ability to consume organic food, have good relationships with people, and have a good shelter.
A friend of mine has a good position, excellent apartment in the center of Moscow, but he works like a horse, and spends half of his day in traffic. According to the Vedic conception, he is a poor man, because he doesn’t have the main thing — the harmony in all things.
He has money but no fresh air, he has lots of food but it is full of chemicals, his apartment is not made according to Vastu (natural) laws, he sees his relatives very rarely and so on.
RAMI’S INTERVIEW FOR THE MAGAZINE “THE PSYCHOLOGY OF THE THIRD MILLENIUM»